Saturday, June 21, 2014

Surf Riders, Swimming Dolphins

Surf Riders.. Flamework Art Glass.. Wendy Williams.. 2014
Surf Riders is a custom sculpture created for an Ocean loving family. They didn't know exactly what they wanted, just, something with dolphins. Knowing a little bit of their taste and style I ran with my own creative freedom and this is what came of a day in the studio.

The Dolphins are solid teal glass. For the waves I used star white with an over lay of glacier blue, it's hard to tell in the photo but it has a smokey, baby blue, with metallic sheen look to it. For the bottom of the base I rolled aqua powder over star white and got a cool mottled effect then I added thin stringers on to give it just a bit of an edge. Loving this sculpture alot!!

Surf Riders... Flamework Art Glass.. Wendy Williams.. 2014
Here it is on a different background and you can see more of the light blue. I am so glad they asked me and trusted me enough to make them something so unique.

Have the most Beautiful Day!  A Hui Hou and Aloha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment